Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fwd: Falwell's "Whipping" Remarks


During his September 25th sermon to his Thomas Road Baptist Church
congregation, the Rev. Jerry Falwell examined the freedoms enjoyed by
Americans and turned to the issue of what should happen to so-called
"un-patriotic" Americans: "You know when I see somebody burning the flag, I=
'm
a Baptist preacher I'm not a Mennonite, I feel it's my obligation to whip h=
im.
In the name of the Lord of course. I feel it's my obligation to whip him, a=
nd
if I can't do it then I look up some of my athletes to help me.

But, as long as at 72 I can handle most of the jobs I do it myself, and I d=
on't
think it's un-spiritual. When I, when I, when I hear somebody talking about
our military and ridiculing and saying terrible things about our President,=
I'm
thinking you know just a little bit of that and I believe the Lord would
forgive me if I popped him."

No comments: