The Association for Mormon Letters has named 14 winners of its annual AML Awards.
Literary award winners are:
- Best novel » Todd Robert Petersen, Rift
- Best novel, honorable mention » Jamie Ford, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
- Best drama » Melissa Leilani Larson, "Little Happy Secrets"
- Best film » Jed Wells, "Fire Creek"
- Best humor writing » Elna Baker, The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance
- Best memoir » Kathryn Lynard Soper, The Year My Son and I Were Born
- Best online writing » Sandra Tayler, "One Cobble at a Time"
- Best poetry » Lance Larsen, Backyard Alchemy
- Best short fiction » Larry Menlove, "Path of Antelope, Pelican and Moon"
- Best young adult novel » Carol Lynch Williams, The Chosen One
- Publishing » Christopher Bigelow, owner of Zarahemla Books, publisher of Petersen's novel, Rift
- Service to AML » Kathleen Dalton-Woodbury
- Honorary Lifetime Membership » James D'Arc
- Smith-Pettit Foundation Award for Outstanding Contribution to Mormon Letters » Levi Peterson