On Friday, February 12th, the Religious Studies Program will host filmmaker Helen Whitney for a panel discussion on her PBS documentary "The Mormons." Produced as a joint project for Frontline and the American Experience, this four-hour documentary explores the history, experience, and diverse perceptions of Mormonism. The panel includes participants in the film along with religious studies and media scholars.
- Helen Whitney, producer and director of "The Mormons"
- Daniel Peterson, professor of Islamic Studies and Arabic, Brigham Young University
- Colleen McDannell, Sterling M. McMurrin Chair in Religious Studies, University of Utah
- Alex Caldiero, Poet in Residence, Utah Valley University
- Charles Randall Paul, president, Foundation for Interreligious Diplomacy
- David Scott, chair, Department of Communication, Utah Valley University
The event is scheduled for Friday, February 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the UVU Library Lakeview Room (4th floor) and is free and open to the public. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 863-8759, or visit www.uvu.edu/religiousstudies