Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Revelation given to Wilford Woodruff in the Wilderness of San Francisco Mountain

A Revelation given to Wilford Woodruff in the Wilderness of San Francisco Mountain in Arizona On the 26 day of Jan 1880 (more info here):

Thus saith the Lord unto my servant Wilford Woodruff
. I have heard thy Prayers, And will answer thy Petitions. I will make Known unto thee my will Concerning the Nation who encumber the land of promise, And also Concerning Zion and her inhabitants. I have already revealed my will Con[cern]ing the Nation through the mouth of my Servant Joseph, who sealed his Testimony with his own Blood, which Testimony has been in force upon all the world from the hour of his death. What I the Lord have revealed in that Testiment and decreed upon this Nation, and all the Nations of the Earth shall be fulfilled, Saith the Lord of Hosts. I the Lord have spoken and will be obeyed. My Purposes shall be fulfilled upon this Nation, and No power shall stay my hand. The hour is at the door when my wrath and indignation shall be poured out upon the wicked of this Nation. Their murders, blasphemies, Lyings, whoredoms and abominations have Come up before my face and before the heavens and the wrath of mine indignation is full. I have decreed Plagues to go forth and lay waste mine Enemies and not many years hence they shall not be left to pollute mine heritage. The Devil is ruling over his Kingdom and my spirit has no Place in the harts of the Rulers of this Nation, and the Devil stirs them up to defy my Power, and to make war upon my Saints. Therefore let mine Apostles and mine Elders who are faithful obey my Commandments which are already written for your profit and guideance.

Thus saith the Lord unto my servant John Taylor and my servant Wilford Woodruff and my servant Orson Pratt and to all the residue of mine Apostles. Have you not gone forth in my name without Purse or scrip and declared the Gospel of Life and Salvation unto this Nation and the Nations of the Earth and warned them of the judgments which are to Come as you have been moved upon by the power of the Holy Ghost and the inspiration of the Lord? You have done this year by year for a whole Generation as Men Count time. Therefore your garments are Clean of the Blood of this generation and Esspecially of this Nation.

Therefore as I have Said in a former Commandment so I the Lord say again unto mine Apostles go ye alone by your selves whether in heat or in Cold and Clens your feet with water pure water. It matters not whether it be by the running stream or in our Clossetts but bear their testimonies befor the Lord and the Heavenly Hosts.

And when you have all done this Then gather yourselves to gether in your Holy places and Cloth yourselves in the Robes of the Holy Priesthood and there offer up your Prayers according to my Holy Law. Let him who Presides be mouth and kneel upon the Holy Altar and there let mine Apostles bring all there testimonies before my face and before the Heavenly Hosts and before the justified spirits made perfect. And thus saith the Lord unto you mine Apostles when you bring these testimonies before me let them be presented by Name as far as the spirit shall present them unto you, The Presidets of the United States, The Supreme Court, The Cabinet, The Senate & House of Conress of the United States The Governors of the States and Territories The Judges & Officers sent unto you and all men & persons who have taken part in persecuting you or Bringing distress upon you or your families or have sought your lives or sought to hinder you from keeping my Commandments or from Enjoying the rights which the Constitutional Laws of the Land guarantee unto you.

And what I the Lord say unto you mine Apostles I say unto my servants the Seventies, The High Priests The Elders and The Priests And all my Servants who are pure in hart and who have born testimony unto this Nation. Let them go forth & Clense their feet in pure water and bear testimony of it unto your Father who is in heaven.

And thus saith the Lord unto mine Apostles and mine Elders when ye do these things with Purity of heart, I the Lord will hear your Prayers and am bound by oath and Covenant to defend you and fight your battles as I have said in a former Commandment it is not my will that mine Elders should fight the Battles of Zion for I will fight your Battles. Nevertheless Let no Man be afraid to lay down his life for my sake for He that layeth down his life for my sake shall find it again and have Eternal life.

The Nation is ripened in iniquity and the Cup of the wrath of mine indignation is full, and I will not Stay my hand in Judgment upon this Nation or the Nations of the Earth. I have Decreed wars and Judgments upon the wicked and my wrath and indignation are about to be poured out upon them. And the wicked and rebellious shall know that I am God. As I the Lord have spoken so will I the Lord fullfill. I will spare none who remain in babylon but I will burn them up Saith the Lord of Hosts. As I the Lord have suffered so will I put all Enemies under my feet, for I the Lord utter my word, and it shall be obeyed and the day of wrath and indignation shall Come upon the wicked.

And I say again wo unto that Nation or House or people, who seek to hinder my People from obeying the Patriarchal Law of Abraham which leadeth to a Celestial Glory which has been revealed unto my Saints through the mouth of my servant Joseph for whosoever doeth these things shall be damned Saith the Lord of Hosts and shall be broaken up & washed away from under Heaven by the Judgments which I have sent forth and shall not return unto me void. And thus with the sword and By Blood shed and with famine & Plagues and Earthquakes and the Thunders of Heavens and the vivid lightnings shall this Nation and the Nations of the Earth be made to feel the Chastning hand of an Almighty God untill they are broaken up and Destroyed, and wasted away from under heaven, and No power Can Stay my hand. Therefore let the wicked tremble. Let them that blasphene my name hold their lips, for destruction will swiftly over take them.

All that I the Lord have Spoken through the Mouth of my Prophets and Apostles since the world began concerning the Last dispensation and fulness of times, Concerning my Church which has been Called out of the wilderness of darkness and Error, and Concerning the Zion and Kingdom of God and Concerning Babylon the Great, And what I have spoken through the Mouth of My servant Joseph shall all be fulfilled. And though Heaven and Earth Pass away my words shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled Saith the Lord.

These revelations and testimonies you have before you. Let my Saints search the word of the Lord and treasure up wisdom and be prepared for that which is to Come. As I have decreed so shall my Judgments begin at the House of God. There are those in my Church who have a name among you who are Adulterers and Adulteresses and those who blasphene my name and those who love and make a lie, and those who revel and Drink with the Drunken. If they do not speedily repent of their wickedness and Abominations They shall be severed from the ordinances of my house Saith the Lord.

There are many who have need to repent whose hearts are set upon the things of this world, who asspire to the honors of men, and do not honor the Priestood, nor seek to build up the Kingdom of God as they Should. Neither do they learn or Comprehend that the rights of the Priesthood are inseparably Connected with the Powers of heavens and that the powers of heaven Cannot be Controlled nor handled ownly upon the principles of Righteousness. Such should repent and turn unto the Lord and seek for the Holy Spirit to guide them. Judgments will begin at my House, and from thence will they go forth unto the wicked, and the wicked Cannot Escape. Blessed are the pure in heart, for my Blessings await them in this life and Eternal Life in the world to Come.

Thus Saith the Lord unto you my servants the Apostles who dwell in the flesh fear ye not your Enemies. Let not your hearts be troubled. I am in your midst. I am your Advocate with the Father. I have given mine Angels Charge Concerning you. Mine Eyes are upon you. And the Eyes of your Heavenly Father and the Heavenly Hosts, and all Justified Spirits made perfect are a watching over you. Your works are manifest befor the face of my servants who have sealed their Testimony with their Blood and before all of my servants of the Twelve Apostles whom I have taken unto myself. The veil is taken from off their faces and they Know your works. They await your Coming when you have finished your testimony in the flesh. Therefore be ye faithful untill I Come. My Coming is at the Door. Call upon the Lord in mighty Prayer. Ask and you shall receive whatever you agree as touching any thing and ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you. Seek dilligently to build Up Zion and magnify your high Calling and your Enemies shall not prevail over you. Zion shall not be moved out of her Place. Zion shall prevail against her Enemies. My People shall not be hindered in the building of my Temples unto my Holy Name if they will harken to my voice and do as I Command them.

The blood of my servant Joseph & Hyrum and of mine Apostles and Elders which have been shed for the word of God & Testimony of Jesus Christ Cries from the ground for vengeance upon the Nation who have shed their blood but the Blood shall spedily be avenged and shall scease to Cry unto me for the hour of Gods Judgmet is fully Come and shall be poured out without measure upon the wicked.

But Harken & hear O ye Apostles Elders & people of my Church to the word of the Lord Concerning you that for all the Blessings that I will pour out upon you and the Inhabitants of Zion, and the Judgments and destructions upon the wicked that I will be inquired of by you to ask the Father in my name to do and to perform these things for you, As I told all the House of Israel by my servant Moses that they should ask at my hand for all those blessing which I the Lord had promised Unto Israel in the Latter Days, And as I the Lord Ordained mine Apostles who were with me in my ministry, and Promised them that they should sit upon Twelve Thrones Judging the Twelve Tribes of Israel So I say unto you mine Apostles whom I have raised up in these last days that I have ordained you to bear Record of my name and of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles first and then to the House of Israel. I have also Ordained you to set upon Thrones and Judge the Gentiles and all of the inhabitants of the Earth unto whom you have borne Testimony of my name in the day and Generation in which you live.

Therefore how great is your Calling and Responsibility befor me. Therefore gird up the Loins of your minds and Magnify your Callings in the fear of God and prepare ye for the Coming of the Son of Man which is nigh at the Door. No man knoweth the day nor the hour but the Signs of Both Heaven and Earth indicate his Coming as promised by the Mouth of my deciples. The fig trees are leaving and the hour is nigh. Therefore prepare yourselves O ye Saints of the Most High God with Oil in your Lamps, for Blessed is he that watcheth for the Coming of the Son of man Again hear ye the word of the Lord O ye mine Apostles whom I have Chosen in these last Days to bear record of my Name and to Lead my People Israel untill the Coming of the Son of Man.

I the Lord have raised up unto you my Servant John Taylor to preside over you and to be a Law Giver unto my Church. He has mingled his Blood with that of the Martered Prophets. Nevertheless while I have taken my Servants Joseph & Hyrum Smith unto myself I have preserved My Servant John Taylor for a wise purpose in me. I have also taken many others of the Apostles unto Myself for I take whom I will take and preserve in life them whom I will preserve according to the Council of my own will.

And while my servant John Taylor is your President I wish to ask the rest of my servants of the Apostles the Question Although you have one to Preside over your Quorum and over the Church which is the order of God in all Generations, Do you not all of you hold the Apostleship which is the Highest Authority ever given to man on Earth? You do. Therefore you hold in Common the keys of the Kingdom of God in all the world. You each of you have power to unlock the veil of Eternity and hold Convers[ation] with God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ, and to have the Administration of Angels. It is your right privilege & duty to inquire of the Lord his mind & will Concerning yourselves the inhabitants of Zion and their interest. And whenever any one of you receive the word of the Lord Let it be written and Presented in your Councils and whatever by a united Consent you deem wisdom to be presented unto the people let it be presented by the Presidet my servant John Taylor as the word of the Lord. In this way you will uphold him & Strengthen his hands as all the burthen should not rest upon one man. For thus Saith the Lord All of mine Apostles should be full of the Holy Ghost of Inspiration and Revelation and know the mind & will of God and be prepared for that which is to Come. Therefore let mine Apostles keep my Commandments and obey my laws And the Gates of Hell shall not prevail against you. Fear not for lo I am with you untill I Come. I Come quickly Even so Amen.


[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, Vol. 7, p.61 (entry after December 31, 1880)]

No comments: