|Characters, pronunciations and definitions from the 2nd part|
of the 1st degree of Joseph Smith's Egyptian Alphabet
- Joseph Smith's Letterbook 1, a compilation of copied outgoing letters dated 14 June 1829 through 4 August 1835.
- Source texts and supplements to the histories to be published in Histories, Volume 2, including:
- John Corrill, "Brief History," Manuscript, ca. 1838–1839
- Edward Partridge,History, Manuscript, ca. 1839 (from 1st Presidency vault)
- Sidney Rigdon, JS, et al., Petition Draft ("To the Publick"), ca. 1838–1839
- Parley P. Pratt et al., "'The Mormons' So Called," 12 December 1833
- Parley P. Pratt, History of the Late Persecution, 1839
- One of the Book of Abraham manuscripts
- "Egyptian Alphabet" from the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.
ah the first being who exercises Supreme powerphare the first man or one who has Kingly power or K[ing]pha a more universal reighn having geater domion or power<pharreuh> rolyal faimly royal blood or pharaoah or supreme power or King<ho up hah> crown of a princess or queen or Stands for queen<Zi> Virgen unmaried or the priciple of vitueKah tou man the name of a royal family in female lineZie oop hah An unmaried woman and a virgin priceho-ee-oop young unmarried man a price[s]ho-ee-oop-hah crown of a prince or Kingone – ahe or ohe the Earthtone take or [Mi] tohe tou-es beneath or under wa[ter]Iota the eye or to see or sight sometimes me myselfIota tou-es Zip-Zi the land of Egypt first seen under <water>Sue Eh mi what other person is that or whoho-ee oop phare hah phare government power or Kingdomzub Zool oun the begining first before pointing tozub zool Eh in the begining of the Earth or Creationzool Eh Signifys to be in any as light in thzub the first Creation of any thing first insti[tu]tionzub zool from the first to any Stated period afterzool from any or some fixed period of time <back> to the begining <of the reation>
The second part first degree
Ahmaros god without begining or endAleph in the beginning with God the Son orAlbeth Angels or disimbodied spirits or SaintsAlcatbeth Angels in an unattenable immortal <state>Achibeth minissters of god high preasts KingsAlchibeth ministers of god under or the lessAlchobeth ministers not ordained of god sinfulAlchabeth ministers who are less sinful for want of <power>Baeth the name of all mankind man or menBaeth Ka Adam or the first man or first KingBaeth Ke the next from Adam one ordained under <him>Baeth Ki the third patrearckBaeth Ko the fourth from AdamBaeth Ku....