|Joseph Smith Papers: Journals |
volumes 1 and 2 of 3 planned volumes
is the second of three planned volumes in the Journals series, and begins in December 1841.It covers major events occurring in Nauvoo including:
- Joseph Smith organizing the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo
- Explanation of the doctrine of proxy baptism for deceased persons
- Joseph Smith's leadership over the Nauvoo Legion
- The disaffection and excommunication of John C. Bennett, counselor to Joseph Smith and mayor of Nauvoo
- An attempt to extradite Joseph Smith to Missouri to stand trial for the attempted murder of former Missouri governor Lilburn W. Boggs
- Months of hiding as Joseph Smith avoids arrest
- Joseph Smith appearing before a federal judge to seek relief from the extradition attempt.
More details about the volume can be read here.