Aspects Elder Boyd K. Packer Packer's talk including a discussion of Same-Sex attraction (Sunday Morning, October 3rd, 2010) have been a topic of discussion on the Internet. Excerpts being discussed are included below:
- ... with the world in turmoil, the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles issued "The Family" A Proclamation to the World," the fifth proclamation in the history of the Church. It qualifies according to scriptural definition as a revelation
- Some suppose that they [the person] were pre-set and cannot overcome what they feel are inborn tendencies toward the impure and unnatural. Not so! Why would our Heavenly Father do that to anyone? Remember He is our Father.
- There are those today who not only tolerate but advocate voting to change laws that would legalize immorality, as if a vote would somehow alter the designs of God's laws and nature. A law against nature would be impossible to enforce. For instance, do you think a vote to repeal the law of gravity would do any good?
- To legalize that which is basically wrong or evil will not prevent the pain and penalties that will follow as surely as night follows day.
- Regardless of the opposition, we are determined to stay on course.
- If we do not protect and foster the family, civilization and our liberties needs perish.
- The ultimate end of all activity in the Church is to have a man and his wife and their children happy at home.