- 50th ∙Adoption—Do you think there should be adoption rights for gay and lesbian couples?
- 50th ∙Hate Crimes—If a hate crime law were enacted in your state, do you think that homosexuals should be covered?
- 50th ∙Health: Should there be health insurance and other employee benefits for gay spouses?
- 50th ∙Housing: Should there be laws protecting homosexuals from discrimination in housing?
- 50th ∙Jobs: Should there be laws to protect gays and lesbians from discrimination in job opportunities?
- 46th ∙Marriage: Do you favor allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry legally?
- 45th ∙Sodomy: Do you think homosexual relations between consenting adults should be legal?
- 50th ∙Unions: Do you favor allowing gay and lesbian couples to form legally recognized civil unions, giving them many of the legal rights of married couples?
- 50th: Overall
From Jeffrey Lax and Justin Phillips, “Gay Rights in the States: Public Opinion and Policy Responsiveness,” American Political Science Review, p.41. Estimates of explicit pro-gay policy support are shown by state as a percentage, ordered by average opinion.